Philosophy of Care
Clairleigh’s philosophy is based upon the belief that the Service Users are entitled to be treated as individuals. The care in the Home should not be institutionalised by the requirement of the Staff of the Home to operate the procedures, laid out in the Home’s Manual, for the safe delivery of the service. To achieve this, the needs of all Service Users will be assessed and individual care plans developed from this information.
In order to achieve the Aims and Objectives, the Home must secure not only an environment which is the best possible in line with the creative thinking currently available, but also learning from ongoing developments of the best practices in clinical and social care.
Our Quality Policy
Clairleigh Nursing Home is committed to providing quality services for Residents by employing caring, competent, well-trained staff. This is achieved by
- Recruiting staff who share our values and will create a homely atmosphere.
- Providing resources that ensures ongoing training takes place and is effective.
Clairleigh will provide services based upon consultation and assessment of the Residents’ needs. This is achieved by
- Listening to Residents, staff and others with an interest in the Home.
- Ensuring that assessments are made which balance risks and needs.
- Promoting a level of responsible risk-taking in the daily living activities of Service Users.
- The operation of an effective care planning system.
Clairleigh will involve Residents in the planning and review of the services that are provided for them to ensure that their needs are met. This will be achieved by
- Enabling and empowering Residents to influence the services provided in the Home by giving each Resident a real say in how services are delivered.
- Encouraging Residents to become involved in all decisions which are likely to affect them, either now or in the longer term.
Clairleigh will consult people about their satisfaction with the service and suggestions for improvement. This is achieved by
- Residents’ consultation and satisfaction surveys.
- Meetings among staff, Residents and family members.
- Management reviews.
Clairleigh will provide catering services which meet the expectations of Residents. This is achieved by
- Planned, structured menus which adhere to Residents’ wishes, choices and preferences.
- Menus which are nutritionally balanced and appetizing.
- Menus which allow Residents to change their food choices.
Clairleigh will ensure that Residents are fully informed about all matters which might affect their well-being. This is achieved by
- Key Worker support.
- Provision of notice boards or other displays to inform Residents of any changes.
Clairleigh will afford all Residents and staff an equality of opportunity in respect of service or working in the Home. This will be achieved by
- The implementation of an Equal Opportunities Policy.
Claireigh will ensure that the Home is a safe and secure place to live. This is achieved by
- Ensuring that the physical environment meets all Health and Safety standards.
- Providing each resident with a safe and secure place to store their valuables.
Clairleigh will offer a range of social activities, which meet the needs of the Residents. This is achieved by
- Ensuring that activities are offered to each Resident which are appropriate to their needs, abilities or expressed wishes.
- Ensuring that the Home considers the social, spiritual, cultural, emotional and physical needs of the residents in relation to the services Clairleigh provides.
- Ensuring that Residents feel comfortable to decline any or all of the activities offered by the home.